14 March, 2011

Atheists to converge on Dublin

The World Atheist Convention is taking place in June (3-5th) right on my doorstep in Dublin.

The speakers will include:

• Richard Dawkins UK (evolutionary biologist)
• Lone Frank DK (neurobiologist, science writer)
• Michael Nugent IRL (chairperson Atheist Ireland)
• Paula Kirby UK (secular consultant, activist)
• PZ Myers USA (author science blog Pharyngula)
• Jane Donnelly IRL (education officer Atheist Ireland)
• Dan Barker USA (Freedom from Religion Foundation)
• Rebecca Watson USA (Skepchick blogger, podcaster)
• David Nash UK (professor, expert on blasphemy)
• Ivana Bacik IRL (Irish Senator in 30th Oireachtas)
• Aroup Chaterjee UK (physician, activist, author)
• Annie Laurie Gaylor USA (Freedom from Religion Foundation)
• Mark Embleton UK (president Atheism UK)


This couldn't be more accessible to me. I literally work across the street from the building where the convention will take place. Even so, I'm not sure if I'll go. I saw several of these speakers at TAM London last year and although I'm sure they might have different talks, for some reason I'm not all that pushed on going. I'd actually prefer to just go to the evening social sessions, assuming there will be some. Perhaps if some of the nice folks I met at TAM decide to go, then I'll attend the convention itself.

Let's wait and see...

2 comments:

Paul Baird said...

OFF TOPIC:

http://patientandpersistant.blogspot.com/2011/03/second-debate-on-presuppositional_19.html

contains link to the mp3 and shownotes

rhiggs said...

Great, thanks Paul. I'll listen to it the show in the next few days. Looking forward to it...